HC Avangard Omsk head coach Fyodor Kanareykin:
- I congratulate SKA with their victory. We didn't get into the game during the first period, we took two penalties and conceded on both of them. Everyone knows what strong special teams SKA have, but we couldn't do anything about it. Overall, we were poor on the penalty kill, letting in three goals. Also, we have to work on faceoffs. The players didn't block enough shots. Nevertheless, I liked the second period, the main thing is that the players got it together after going 1:4 down. SKA's quality took its toll.
- Why didn't Anton Burdasov and Pyotr Khokhryakov travel with the team?
- They have been injured for a long time, we're waiting for when they recover. The same can be said about Jonas Ahnelov and Valentin Panov.
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- We were poor in defence in the second frame, all of our players forgot about defence. We were made to pay for it.
- Usually, your teams always stick to the game plan when leading.
- In the second break, we spoke about the situation and corrected it for the third period, where we were decent in defence.