HC CSKA Moscow head coach Igor Nikitin:
- We tried hard, created chances, but it didn't turn out well. Probably, all 22 players should perform well when playing against such an opponent, that's the reason behind the defeat. However, a lot of them were committed and tried their best.
- What has happened to Sergei Shumakov, and why didn't Sergei Andronov play? He was cleared to play in this game.
- Sergei Shumakov has started to train again, but he has an injury and we decided not to take a risk after he felt pain when skating. Sergei Andronov didn't play because his situation only became clear after the morning skate.
- How is Mat Robinson?
- He received an injury, so he didn't finish the match.
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- It was a really good game. CSKA are a good opponent, it was a true derby between the two teams. We got more lucky, because both teams made mistakes. The guys had a huge desire in this match, the fans enjoyed the game. We move on.
- In comparison to the first match, have CSKA Moscow improved?
- CSKA were good in the first game too.
- Why didn't Patrik Hersley play?
- He has an injury.
- Why did Nikolai Prokhorkin and Pavel Datsyuk change lines?
- We are allowing the guys to rest from each other by playing in different lines. The season is long.
- Pavel Datsyuk competed on the penalty kill. Is there not a danger that he will tire before the Olympic Games?
- He plays on the penalty kill for the faceoffs, he wins 90% of them. We win 40 seconds while the opponents move out from their zone. We have a plan, Pavel will have a rest. He will be ready for the Olympics.