HC SKA defenseman Anton Belov:
- Overall, it was a good performance from our team. We stuck to our game plan throughout the match, not making any major mistakes. Even if Spartak Moscow registered more shots than us, I think that we deserved to win. We controlled proceedings.
- How do you feel after the international break?
- We trained well both on the ice and in the gym, there was a lot of individual work for each player. All of us worked on our physical condition. If we analyse the game today, then we can say that our movement was good. We spent the time during the international break wisely, this will help us for the concluding matches of the regular season and the ensuing playoffs.
- You played in a pairing with Oscar Fantenberg a lot on the penalty kill today.
- We often play together when shorthanded, it's been this way since he joined us earlier in the campaign. We have solid mutual understanding, I think that we will only continue progressing. Hopefully, our powerplay will improve when the playoffs begin.
- Young forwards Nikita Chibrikov and Pavel Kukshtel are also competing on the penalty kill. Are they coping with the demands of the KHL?
- Our defensive coach is often giving excellent video analysis for our penalty killing. All of us know what to do on the ice. When looking at the statistics, we can say that our system is working. We don't concede many goals when shorthanded.