HC SKA head coach Valeri Bragin:
- We played well, scoring excellent goals and performing effectively on special teams. It was a complete match. Our young players pleased us, they took advantage of their opportunity. We can see how well the SKA system is working.
- However, Neftekhimik initially opened the scoring.
- They scored a good goal on the counter-attack. Nevertheless, we didn't allow them to have many chances on the break-away, they sat in defence and waited for our mistakes. We had a good advantage for the entire game.
- Will your young players stay with the team?
- I think that the line consisting of Kirill Marchenko, Ivan Morozov and Zakhar Bardakov will stay, they scored our two opening goals and were great during the game. They have returned from the VHL with lots of energy.
- Does this also mean that Matvei Michkov will stay with the senior SKA side?
- Yes, he will be with us until the training camp for the under 20 Russian national team starts.
- What did you make of Dmitry Nikolaev's showing in your net?
- It was a good performance.
- Why didn't Marat Khusnutdinov play today?
- We gave him a rest.
HC SKA defenseman Grigory Gryaznov:
- It's fantastic to play with the main SKA team. I have grown up with goalkeeper Dmitry Nikolaev, progressing through the ranks in Saint Petersburg together. In the past, we could only see these players on television, but now we're in one dressing room together. I am really enjoying this.
HC SKA forward Zakhar Bardakov:
- It was a normal game. We really needed to win, so we competed with plenty of energy and motivation. We achieved this result during the first two periods. However, I think that this was simply a preparation match for Kazan, the next game against Ak Bars will be more important.
- You had missed a lot of matches before this game.
- I had been working hard. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to play for the national team in Germany and play twice in the VHL, and I feel that I played well today.