HC SKA head coach Valeri Bragin:
- There were moments which we liked, but this was the first game of the pre-season. It was probably easier for Sochi, as this was their second match. We knew that we would struggle physically after our challenging training camp in Novogorsk, but the guys played hard and in the correct manner. We deservedly won.
- Roman Rotenberg was on the bench today. What is his role, and will he be there during the 2021/2022 season?
- He is our general manager. We are always working together, the players can see this. It is a positive thing. Everyone on the bench has their own responsibilities.
- Do you have plans to play Matvei Michkov when he returns from international duty?
- Matvei is one of our young players. He didn't participate in the training camp in Novogorsk, so we will see how things go. We must remember that he is only 16 years of age.
- You have a lot of centre forwards. Will this be a problem? For example, Marat Khusnutdinov might not receive his ice time.
- Marat is playing on the wing at the moment. The role of centre forwards is crucial for a team, and they have to do a lot of work in defence too.
HC SKA defenseman Igor Ozhiganov:
- Yes, it was a difficult first game of the pre-season, but we played with commitment, landed hits and played for the team. I don't think that anyone expected a wonderful performance, plus the quality of the ice wasn't great today.
- Did you score because you are now captain?
- No, I scored because I received a great pass.
- Was it a surprise to become the new captain of the team?
- Yes, it was. I found out the news at the start of the training camp. This is an honour and big responsibility for me!
- Not long ago, goaltender Magnus Hellberg was playing for SKA, but today you played against him.
- This is a part of ice hockey, trades happen. At this tournament, half of the players here have been in one team with me at some point! It's nothing special.