HC SKA forward Fyodor Svechkov:
- We weren't ready for the first period, two goals were conceded. Nevertheless, we started to improve in the second, and we were even better in the third I think. However, we couldn't score that third goal. Severstal defended deeply.
- You will compete against Severstal in the KHL on September 2. Will you be prepared?
- It's always bad to lose, but it happened. I think that we will be able to win on September 2, we will draw the correct conclusions.
- In comparison to the 2020/2021 season, do you think that Severstal have changed a lot?
- I haven't played in the KHL before! I didn't watch Severstal last year.
- What do you think about the level in the KHL?
- Of course, the level here is higher than in junior ice hockey or the VHL. This is a new stage for me, I need to adapt and show my best ice hockey.
- A lot of changes to the rules have been made during the summer.
- One of the changes is that you can't call for a time-out after icing. It's difficult to understand all of the regulations, but they will become clear during the season. Probably, before the KHL begins, the referees will explain everything.