HC SKA defenseman Igor Ozhiganov:
- We started on the front foot, there were enough chances to go 1:0 or 2:0 up. However, we conceded a goal on the counter-attack as the puck deflected in off my leg. Thankfully, though, we quickly got back on level terms. We controlled the game, but our penalties in the third period created problems. Respect to the guys who competed on the penalty kill, they blocked a lot of shots.
- SKA are now in first place of the Western Conference. Did this chance to move into first give you extra motivation?
- Of course. Our task is to always be in first position.
- Dynamo Moscow have the best powerplay in the KHL. How did you analyse them when preparing for the match?
- That information will stay inside our dressing room. Practically everything worked for us, their only powerplay goal was scored after a goalmouth scramble on the crease and not a combination play.
- In the past, have you often played on your birthday? You turned 29 years of age today.
- Yes, when I turned 18 and 25. When I celebrated my 18th birthday, Amur Khabarovsk lost to Dynamo, before CSKA Moscow scored seven goals against Dinamo Minsk when I turned 25. Will I have a cake today? We're athletes, we can't have extra sugar!