HC SKA head coach Alexei Kudashov:
- Despite the large score, it was a tough game. Jokerit were very aggressive and active during the first period. It was difficult for us to escape their pressing. However, we began moving better in the second stanza, we scored the goals we needed and held the winning scoreline. We controlled the puck well.
- Are your young players competing hard in order to land big contracts?
- No, they're simply playing, rather than thinking about money. They are trying to take advantage of their opportunity to play for the senior team.
- Did you keep the large January defeat here in mind?
- Jokerit are a strong team in good form. That is what we thought about when preparing for this game. Of course, just like any match, our goal was to win. We want to perform well ahead of the KHL Gagarin Cup playoffs.
- How do your players feel ahead of the playoffs?
- We have ideas for any situation which arises.
HC Jokerit Helsinki head coach Lauri Marjamaki:
- Last time, we defeated SKA 6:0 in Finland, but now they have beaten us 6:1. Strange results. It has to be said that we had a lot of chances today, but we didn't take advantage of them. SKA used their opportunities, however. Of course, it's a shame that we lost our final home match of the regular season, but we're now thinking about the playoffs.