HC SKA defenseman Kirill Kirsanov:
- It was a tough match, we competed against a strong opponent. We were too relaxed for the first two periods. After that, we tried to make a comeback, but it was too late. Salavat Yulaev used their scoring opportunities.
- What was so difficult today?
- Salavat didn't show anything special, but we did not have the right mindset. Did the large victory against Amur on Tuesday have an effect? No, I don't think so.
- However, Amur and Salavat are teams of different levels.
- We have the same approach for all opponents, we always want to show our best ice hockey in every game.
- You and Daniil Pylenkov were often on the ice against Salavat's Finnish line.
- On the ice, you can feel that you're competing against players of a high calibre. Nevertheless, we didn't think about the names on their jerseys, we simply did our job.
- Do Salavat have one of the best powerplays in the KHL?
- There are a lot of teams which are strong on the powerplay. I'm not the coach, so I can't judge that.