HC SKA head coach Valeri Bragin:
- Overall, we played well during the first two periods, but our mistakes resulted in conceded goals. We had a great third period, competing with aggression and shooting the puck a lot. This is why our goals arrived and we won.
- Is Malte Stromwall displaying the level of ice hockey which you want to see?
- We want him to crash the net even harder. In terms of aggression and his shooting, Malte is moving towards his optimal level.
- Aren't you tired of constantly seeing your assistant coaches change?
- I know Alexander Titov from the national team. Andrei Kozyrev is staying in our system.
- Did you give your leading players a rest today?
- Will you field your optimal line-up in the upcoming matches?
- I think that our line-up will be close to the optimal one.
- What will your work on ahead of the Gagarin Cup playoffs?
- Over all ice hockey elements.
HC Kunlun Red Star Beijing head coach Alexei Kovalyov:
- We played well during the first two periods, but then our players switched to an individual approach instead of continuing to play a team game. We are always telling them that they have to play for the full 60 minutes.
- Did you relax when receiving a chance to play 5-on-3 at the end of the second period?
- We knew that the opponents would take risks. Our hands seemed to be shaking, we made poor passes during that two-man advantage. You cannot play a 5-on-3 powerplay like that. After that, we simply tried to not concede any goals.
- Are Kunlun lacking a winner's mentality?
- I think that we have that mentality, but we've found this campaign tough after not having any pre-season training camps. The players' heads are already at home right now. Of course, we're trying to motivate them, but it's not easy.
- What was your plan for the third period when 3:0 up?
- We wanted to continue playing in the same manner as in the first 40 minutes. Everything was going to plan.