HC SKA head coach Valeri Bragin:
- It was a good match, both teams had their chances. We lost because of our mistake in the concluding shifts.
- After dominating in the first half of the match, SKA subsequently seemed to struggle physically.
- I wouldn't say that. We had good opportunities in the third period.
- Did you not want to give Yaroslav Askarov a test in such a big game?
- We have three goalkeepers. Our decision today was for Alexander Samonov to play.
HC Lokomotiv Yaroslavl head coach Andrei Skabelka:
- It was a good, emotional match. SKA had the initiative in the first period, they had the majority of opportunities to score. However, after the break, we played with more concentration. Our goal arrived after our intense play. The guys continued believing in the third period, and we came good in the final minute. Saint Petersburg had a chance right after that, though. I want to thank our fans for their support.
- Why did Lokomotiv struggle in the first period?
- Saint Petersburg came out hard with a great pace. After the opening five or six minutes, we improved.
- Ilya Konovalov played well in net.
- We knew that Ilya was going to play today, it was important to give him a chance against a strong opponent ahead of the playoffs. He is a reliable goalkeeper and a leader for our team.
- Will you rotate the squad in the playoffs?
- In the playoffs, the most important thing is how the players feel physically.