HC SKA forward Maxim Groshev:
- Both teams played well. We were down after the first period, but we played really well in the second, winning the battles, protecting possession in the opposing zone and scoring goals. We stood tall to the challenge shorthanded in the third frame.
- Will your first SKA goal give you more confidence moving forward?
- Of course, you always feel more confident after scoring. Hopefully, I will begin to score more often.
HC SKA forward Vasily Podkolzin:
- It was a good match. We were warned about how difficult it was going to be, but I think that we stuck to the game plan, scored good powerplay goals and held an advantage for the majority of the match.
- Was this your best performance since returning from the World Junior Championship?
- I don't know, it's hard to say. Hopefully, my best match is ahead of me. I felt good on the ice today, I had a lot of energy and desire. We competed at a high tempo. I hope that we can continue in the same manner.