HC SKA head coach Ilya Vorobyov:
- We knew that given it was the opponents' final match of the KHL season, they would play with a special mindset. Overall, we played well, and we coped with the game plan.
- In the second period, SKA killed a difficult penalty, before scoring the second goal. Was this the key moment?
- Maybe. The guys did a great job by killing that penalty and then scoring.
- Igor Shestyorkin has set a new SKA record for KHL shutouts.
- We congratulated Igor with another shutout.
HC Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk head coach Vyacheslav Butsaev:
- I congratulate the opponents with their victory and I wish them luck in the next phase of the competition. Taking into account that it was the final match of the KHL campaign, we wanted to say thank you to the fans for their support. We started well, and if we would have taken advantage of our opportunities in the first period, the result could have been different. The opponents are of high level and the punished us for our mistakes.
- You joined Neftekhimik during the season. What have been the positives?
- I wouldn't like to start analysing the team right now. We need time to summarise the season. The team fought hard until the end to make the playoffs. Something was lacking.