HC SKA defenseman Nikita Kamalov:
- It was a tough match. We had an advantage in terms of game play, but we couldn't use our scoring opportunities. Severstal took a 2:0 lead despite barely having any chances. Unfortunately, we couldn't equalise in the closing stages.
- What is so difficult about games against teams like Severstal Cherepovets?
- There aren't any easy opponents, everyone is more or less at the same level. Everyone knows how SKA play. We need to fight, give everything on the ice, score goals and play in a more simple manner.
- Did the injury suffered by Oscar Fantenberg take its toll?
- I felt fine physically, but Oscar was a big loss for us, he's our leading defenseman and plays on special teams.