HC SKA defenseman Nikita Smirnov:
- It was an unexpected debut for me. It was great to play with this team, I really liked the atmosphere inside the Ice Palace!
- When were you told that you were going to play today?
- In the morning. I went to train with SKA-Neva, but I received a call telling me to go to the Ice Palace instead.
- What did Valeri Bragin say to you?
- All of the guys and the coaches supported me, they told us to play our ice hockey and enjoy the game.
- Did you feel nervous?
- Yes, I felt a little nervous, but I think that this is normal. I adapted after my first shift.
- You were on the ice for 07:51 and 11 shifts. How do you feel?
- I feel good physically, there aren't any problems. The Ice Palace was full of fans, it was a pleasure to play in front of them! The difference between the KHL, VHL and the MHL? I didn't notice it.