HC SKA coach Harijs Vitolins:
- I congratulate the Russian Olympic team with their triumph at this competition. They played well. I think that the game was interesting for the fans, there was overtime and a penalty shootout. We made mistakes, but we're preparing for the KHL. We have things to work on.
- How did Nikita Gusev and Maxim Karpov play in one line together?
- They were good against Jokerit, but they struggled a bit here. It's a training process, tiredness took its toll too. They need time.
- Why wasn't Oleg Znarok here today?
- It was planned that he wouldn't be present today. It's not connected with anything else.
- Did you watch how SKA's players competed for the Russian Olympic team?
- We watched all of the matches. The guys showed character, they were competing for the national team. They were excellent against HC Sochi in the first match, and the same can be said about the game with Canada. In that fixture, they managed to hold on at the end.
- Mikko Koskinen conceded his third goal from the opposite zone. Are you not worried about this?
- The other two were scored at neutral ice. The quality of the ice wasn't great, it was better before today. Maybe it's because of the weather. The puck was going wide before it bounced off the ice, changing the angle heavily. However, I'm not making excuses for Mikko Koskinen, you have to be ready for everything. Nevertheless, these things happen.
Russian Olympic national team head coach Oleg Bratash:
- First of all, I would like to thank the competition's organisers for this fantastic tournament. Given the list of participants, I think we can call this the best pre-season competition. Our players had too much desire in the first period, they made a number of mistakes which allowed SKA to have counterattacks. However, we improved later on in the game. We started to revert to the game plan. The guys did a great job, they really wanted to win.
- Rate Mikhail Grigorenko's performance at the tournament.
- He was one of our team's best players.
- Did you choose your shootout participants at training?
- Yes, you're right. We always have time to train penalty shots at training, so I watched who is the best at them.