HC SKA forward Pavel Kukshtel:
- It was a good match. We had a lot of chances, but we couldn't capitalise on them, unfortunately. The main thing is that we won.
- How do you feel on the ice for SKA? Severstal Cherepovets had a lot of debutants in their squad today.
- I'm progressing and gaining confidence in every game. I knew that they had a lot of new KHL players in their team, but I think that they had even more energy because of that factor.
- Was it tougher to have a good mindset for this match considering Severstal's squad selections?
- No, we respect every opponent. Taking into account that it was their first match at this level, we expected Severstal's players to compete aggressively. We were fully prepared mentally.
- What are your personal goals for this season?
- To play for the senior team on a permanent basis, help the team and win the Gagarin Cup.