HC SKA head coach Valeri Bragin:
- It was a good match against a strong opponent. Both Avangard and SKA wanted to win, so it was a very useful game in preparation for the KHL. We saw both positives and negatives. The main thing is that we won.
It's great to play in front of our fans, they give us added adrenaline. We're always happy to play at home, and soon hopefully more supporters can come to the Ice Palace.
Dinar Khafizullin has been traded for Mikhail Vorobyov, a centre forward from Ufa. I know him well from the junior Russian national team, he has plenty of potential. First of all, I would like to thank Dinar for his efforts with SKA, he won championships here and was a great player. I wish him future success.
- How ready are your players for the KHL both physically and tactically?
- Today showed a lot. I think that we're in good shape, that includes the tactical side of the game.
- Did the overtime periods and penalty shootout periods at the Nikolai Puchkov Memorial Tournament help you?
- Yes, we received good information.
- Will the rule changes make the upcoming KHL season more challenging?
- Do you mean the fact that we can't make a coach's challenge in the closing minutes of matches? Our specialists will be fully acquainted with the regulations. Today, we conceded a poor goal after a mistaken icing call.
- Are the coaches and players used to the new regulations yet?
- It's not a problem, we know what the changes are.
- SKA have only scored three goals at equal strength in three games. Are you satisfied with this result?
- It's tough to score 5-on-5. We are working on this, and I think that this component will improve.