Interim SKA head coach Roman Rotenberg:
- We didn't compete with the energy we expected. This is because our physical state isn't perfect yet. We wanted to compete at a high pace, but we couldn't do that in the first period. We made far too many mistakes. In previous games, especially in the one against Ak Bars, we didn't do that. Nevertheless, I would like to congratulate CSKA with their victory, tactically they played well and physically they looked good. We will continue working in order to improve the players' physical state. Time is required, our players have only just returned. The upcoming matches will show our level and the direction in which we are moving.
We should have scored on the two-man advantage in this game. We conceded twice shorthanded today too, but usually our penalty kill is excellent. We will improve.
- Maybe you should have given your young players a chance?
- In terms of energy, the match against Ak Bars was great. That was our best game according to all statistical data. We only lost the puck three times, our desire was there. However, we have high targets as you know, and we need to make sure that our team is playing championship-winning ice hockey. That is why we are giving everyone a chance. We will continue playing the guys who are returning in order to help them improve physically. Of course, we will also give opportunities to the young guys.
- Why didn't Vladimir Tkachyov play? Is he tired?
- Yes, he is recovering physically. Some of our players had a lot of ice time during the previous road trip. Soon, everyone will be available for selection again, so we will choose the players which are ready. Our physical performance wasn't up to the required level today, it wasn't good enough to dominate and compete in an aggressive manner. The opponents were better physically.
- CSKA dominated the second period.
- This is down to our physical state. We want to show aggressive ice hockey throughout the 60 minutes, dominating the play. We did this before the quarantine period, and now we have to find that formula again. When we play as we should, we dominate games, score on the powerplay and perform successfully on the penalty kill. We will strive for this.
- Will Miro Aaltonen, Emil Galimov and Yaroslav Askarov return for the home series?
- We want that to happen. We'll speak with the medical team, not everyone will be able to return. We have to be cautious and follow all of the regulations. The situation is being analysed. Once again, I would like to thank our doctors, they have a huge task on their hands at the moment. You will see who can return on Monday.
- When Valery Bragin returns, are you planning to remain on the bench?
- We've all been working together for five years now. We're always speaking with Valery, while keeping an eye on his physical state at the same time. Hopefully he will be on the bench again soon. We will do everything in order to win, compete in the correct manner and for the players to play as they did before the quarantine period. Thank you to everyone for the support.