HC Barys Nur-Sultan head coach Andrei Skabelka:
- I congratulate Alexei Kudashov and SKA. We had a great match, our movement in attack was excellent, and our defensive play wasn’t bad enough to concede seven goals. Nevertheless, these things happen, and we have to move on.
- Why did you make a goalkeeping change ahead of the third period?
- Unfortunately, we were forced into making this change.
- Viktor Svedberg has travelled with you on this road trip, but he is yet to take to the ice.
- Viktor hasn’t played for a long time, and his knee isn’t always up to the challenge. We don’t need to hurry, the main thing is that he will be ready for the playoffs. We still have two more matches on this road trip against Salavat Yulaev and Avtomobilist, maybe he will play in one of those games.
HC SKA head coach Alexei Kudashov:
- My colleague said everything right. Barys had the advantage sometimes, whereas we made mistakes. However, in the end, it’s good that we managed to turn it around and score our goals.
- Barys visibly held the momentum after scoring in the second period.
- We didn’t play in the right manner.
- Jori Lehtera, just like in Moscow against CSKA, made a costly mistake. Artyom Shvets-Rogovoy later played in the first line.
- Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, let’s not focus on them.
- SKA are in the KHL Gagarin Cup playoffs. Will you keep this in mind in future games?
- We think about every match individually. Of course, everyone keeps the playoffs in mind, and we aren’t an exception. We won’t change anything major.