HC Dinamo Riga head coach Girts Ankipans:
- I congratulate SKA with the victory. We started well, everything was going to plan, but we didn’t score a goal which would have been so important in this match. SKA scored on the counter in the second period and, in the third frame, we were punished for giving them a 5 on 3 powerplay. We’re satisfied, we were compact and didn’t give SKA a lot of chances, and our commitment was good. Nevertheless, SKA certainly deserved the victory.
- How is Mathew Maione after Grigory Panin injured him in Ufa?
- He might not play again this season, it was a terrible knee challenge. We undertook medical tests here in Saint Petersburg.
HC SKA head coach Alexei Kudashov:
- My colleague said a lot of correct things. It was a tough start, Dinamo were compact and well-organised, not giving us space on the ice. However, we gradually started playing with more movement and intensity, controlling the puck, creating chances and eventually scoring our goals. We controlled the match after we scored.
- Jarno Koskiranta played on the right with a lot of players currently on the sidelines.
- He finds it easy to play either on the left, down the middle or on the right. We have enough players, but the ones who are injured won’t compete in the next game, Anton Burdasov and Alexander Barabanov are out while Miro Aaltonen is ill.