HC Jokerit Helsinki head coach Lauri Marjamaki:
- I congratulate SKA with their victory. They were ready for this game, and we were poor during the first 40 minutes. In the third period, we started playing well, but I don’t understand why we played so badly in the first two periods.
- Goalkeeper Janis Kalnins always seems to be picked for the matches against SKA.
- He’s playing well and winning matches for us. That is why he’s continuing to play. In comparison to the previous season, he has taken a big step forward.
- Eight players are injured at the moment. Will anyone return soon?
- Maybe one or two players will return next week, that’s all I can say.
- You had questions about the fourth SKA goal.
- We wanted to know if there was a high stick involved in that play, but the referees immediately told us that there wasn’t.
HC SKA head coach Alexei Kudashov:
- Our players wanted to gain revenge for the loss against Jokerit in Finland. We were more aggressive than in Helsinki, not giving their good skaters space. We pressed, competed with intensity, kept the puck and played on the front foot. I think that our plan for the game worked.
- Jokerit pressed after scoring.
- The score forced them into attacking, but we could not afford to give them space. We spoke about this during the time-out, because we had started to play badly.
- Why didn’t Dmitry Kagarlitsky play in this KHL home series? Is he healthy?
- Yes, he is. I chose to play with these players instead.
- What are Vasily Glotov’s functions on the ice?
- As I have said before, we are keeping an eye on all of our players in the SKA system. He is fast and has the ability to crash the net.
- What does the KHL All-Star Game mean for you?
- First of all, I want to point out that it is an achievement for all members of our coaching staff, I will be representing the entire club there. It is a great event for the fans and it's good for the development of the KHL.