HC Jokerit Helsinki head coach Lauri Marjamaki:
- I want to congratulate SKA with their victory. From our side, it was a good, but not excellent performance. We were compact and equalised three times, however we couldn't finish the job. The referee made a serious decision ahead of SKA's winning goal.
- In the pre-season, SKA and Jokerit met twice.
- Yes, and both times we lost by one goal. Today we got a draw, so that means we learned some sort of lesson.
- In his career, Janis Kalnins has even played in Hungary. Why did you sign him?
- Our goalkeeping coach has watched a lot of his previous matches and we analysed his capabilities before we signed him. He's a very calm player who moves well in net. In this match, we left him hanging out to dry too often.
HC SKA head coach Ilya Vorobyov:
- Jokerit had won four consecutive matches before this game. It was a good game. In the second period, we struggled with our shifts, but we hung on and won.
- In the closing stages, Pavel Datsyuk played practically all of the shifts.
- He's good at faceoffs and it was a tactical decision.
- You conceded straight away after scoring.
- They had a powerplay if I remember rightly.