HC Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk head coach Evgeny Popikhin:
- I congratulate SKA with their win. In the first period, we held them off, but in the second, SKA stepped it up and our penalties took their toll. At this moment, SKA are a team of a different level. From our side, I would like to point out Ville Kolppanen and Bogdan Yakimov: it was Bogdan's first game after his injury. However, I am very unhappy with some other players.
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- I haven't got a lot to say. It was a good game.
- After the match against Lada, you stated that you were annoyed with the performance. Do you feel the same today?
- There are always problems after a win or a loss. No one plays without mistakes. If they make tactical errors, work needs to be done.
- Did the players make up for the game on Friday?
- A little bit.
- Ilya Kovalchuk is in fantastic form. Do you regret not taking him to the World Cup of Hockey?
- It's pointless to talk about this now, the team has been formed.
- Why did Mikko Koskinen play? Igor Shestyorkin was initially supposed to take to the ice.
- We planned for Mikko to play today.
- Will you now swtich to the Russian national team?
- I will give the team a couple of deserved days off. On the 7th, the national side and SKA will train together inside the Yubileyny Arena.
- SKA have a game on Friday with CSKA. Can we expect to see you there?