HC Salavat Yulaev Ufa head coach Tomi Lamsa:
- We were playing against a strong team today, it's always tough to play in Saint Petersburg. These are two important points.
- What did you make of Rodion Amirov's maiden appearance of the KHL campaign?
- He did really well, especially with the puck on his stick. We're happy with how quickly he recovered from his injury, he wasn't able to play with full physical contact until recently. We didn't use him on the powerplay as this was his first game of the season.
- How did your players react after losing in Cherepovets to Severstal?
- We had a team meeting, the guys know what it takes to win matches in the KHL so we needed extra emotions. I am happy with what they showed on the ice today, they were highly motivated. There was a good reaction after Cherepovets. The season is long, we're making sure that our players feel good psychologically.
- How does Dinar Khafizullin feel after he seemed to pick up an injury in the third period?
- I haven't spoken with the doctors yet, hopefully it's nothing serious. The former SKA players had a lot of motivation? This is normal, you have even more motivation when competing against your former club, you're familiar with the stadium, the opponents and their staff.
- Finnish forward Teemu Hartikainen isn't in his best form at the moment.
- We know how Teemu can play, the main thing is that he is helping the team. He was on the ice for our two powerplay goals today, and to score goals, the entire line has to work excellently. We're not worried about him.
HC SKA head coach Valeri Bragin:
- First of all, I would like to apologise to the fans for the first 50 minutes of the match, the team only started to play in the concluding 10. We had a serious discussion in the dressing room after the game finished, I hope that a performance like this won't repeat itself. Yes, the opponents scored on the powerplay, but we had too much respect for them.
- SKA have lost both games after initially defeating Admiral Vladivostok and Amur Khabarovsk in Saint Petersburg.
- I wouldn't compare these instances. We only lost to Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg because of silly mistakes, but today was different. In order to beat teams like Salavat, you have to want it more and not give them space.
- One of our colleagues said that it appeared that teams from different leagues were on the ice during the first two periods.
- As I have said, you can't allow the opponents to possess the puck for so long if you want to win these matches. The players have agreed with what we told them, we didn't compete in the correct manner for 50 minutes.
- Was Evgeny Timkin used in the final few minutes as to compete on the crease given his size?