HC Sibir Novosibirsk head coach Andrei Skabelka:
- I congratulate my colleague and his team with their victory. This game can be separated into two halves - the first two periods and then the third. We prepared for this game well, I liked how we moved inside the opponent's zone. However, it was tough to keep such a talented team at bay. At the end of the second frame, our hopes of victory were runied. Gifting SKA seven minutes powerplay time was like a late New Year present. SKA deserve their win.
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- Thank you for the congratulations. I congratulate my team, but we will now move on and prepare for the next game.
- Do you know what happened to Sergei Plotnikov?
- Not yet.
- Why hasn't Vyacheslav Voynov played?
- He's injured too.
- Before today's match, there was a minute's silence for SKA veteran Valentin Bystrov who recently died.
- I dedicate this victory to him. Such people need to be remembered.