HC Sibir Novosibirsk head coach Pavel Zubov:
- I congratulate SKA with their victory. I am pleased with my players in this match, it was a good game. After losing 0:3 in the previous fixture, we were left with bad impressions. We had to work with our guys, because you can't have guys who aren't bothered on the ice against SKA. The opponents pass the puck well, move on the ice excellently and do well both in the zone and on the counterattack. You have to be fully concentrated all of the time. Unfortunately, a loss of concentration for a second against SKA can result in losing. 100% focus is required, not 99%. Nevertheless, I am thankful to the guys for their performance. We have zero points from the match, which means we have room to improve.
- Why did Stepan Sannikov step down from his captain duties?
- It's his decision. Ask him instead. Why would I speak about this?
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- We were a bit sleepy during the first period. In the second stanza, we managed to score goals and everything was fine. However, individual mistakes let us down in the third frame. We conceded two needless goals. I congratulate everyone with the victory.
- Why did you make changes to the lines? Did these changes have a negative effect?
- Why were they negative changes? We wanted to look at new line combinations. The guys have played a lot of games in the same lines, we wanted to freshen things up a bit.
- In terms of emotions, how important was it to play at home?
- The fans support us brilliantly, the stadium was full. At each press-conference, I say that every match is very important for us. All teams are pumped up to play us, so we're finding it tougher than anyone else.
- Why did the team fall asleep at the start of the match? Is this down to psychology?
- No, it's got nothing to do with psychology. It concerns our preparation for the game.