HC Severstal Cherepovets head coach Alexander Gulyavtsev:
- My team played good ice hockey. The guys did a great job. However, when playing a team like SKA, it's unacceptable to take so many penalties. They take advantage of 60% of their powerplays. I can't blame my players though, they fought hard. We will prepare for the next match.
- You still have hair on your head.
- We decided that my head will be shaved in Cherepovets. Oleg Znarok will be the first person to see me bald. I am not going back on my word, it will happen.
- Alexander Bumagin and Valery Vasiliev weren't on the Severstal roster.
- We decided to play with this line-up today. We gave a chance to those who didn't participate in the previous match against SKA.
- Are you satisfied with your decision?
- There should be competition within the team. The players who aren't on the ice are still with the team and supporting us.
- Will Vadim Kudako soon return?
- He is ill at the moment. He's recovering right now.
- Is Igor Geraskin turning into your Eeli Tolvanen?
- Don't say anything about him. He's a young player who is performing well, he is working hard.
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- It was a tough game for us today. The first period was good, but the second wasn't. We are satisfied that we beat the opponents in overtime. We will prepare for the next game.
- Was it a difficult match because the players are still recovering after the Olympic Games?
- Yes, I think so.
- Just like in the previous game, Andrei Zubarev didn't play.
- I hope that he will be able to participate in the next match.
- What happened to Nikolai Prokhorkin?
- Nothing. We decided to select this roster today.