HC Severstal Cherepovets head coach Alexander Gulyavtsev:
- This was the final regular season match, and I am really happy that we achieved our goal. It will be great to play against SKA in the playoffs, they are practically the Olympic champions. I would like to congratulate Oleg Znarok with the victory and Olympic gold. Maybe SKA's players were tired, but we tried out best despite not scoring. We will prepare for the playoffs.
- Before the season, you promised to go bald if Severstal qualified for the KHL playoffs.
- If I made that promise, I will do it.
- When will you shave your head?
- You'll see when.
- Was this the most important match of your career?
- The biggest matches are ahead of us. However, this game decided the playoff spot. You knew the situation which we were in.
- Dates for the playoffs have been moved, How will this affect Severstal?
- It's only been put forward by one day, not a week. It's fine.
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- First of all, I would like to congratulate Severstal with qualifying for the playoffs. Our tiredness took its toll and the acclimatization process. Nevertheless, the guys tried. It's good that we won the match and we'll prepare for the playoffs now.
- When will Dinar Khafizullin and Sergei Kalinin play again?
- Dinar is continuing to recover, it's a shame that couldn't participate at the Olympic Games, we had planned that he would play. Sergei has been playing with the help of injections, but I think he will be ready for the playoffs.