HC Slovan Bratislava head coach Milos Riha:
- The hosts had more quality in this game. They improved in the second period, scoring three goals which practically finished the game. Slovan cannot play like this against such a strong opponent. We made mistakes and took too many penalties, allowing SKA to score on the powerplay. We can’t do that.
- SKA always play well in the second periods. What was your plan and why didn't it work?
- We allowed SKA to play their game. Our forwards didn’t help out in defence. We weren’t aggressive enough in attack, in turn allowing SKA to calmly control the game. SKA waited for us to make mistakes. The guys were too confident after going up 1:0.
- When will Andrej Meszaros and Cam Barker play?
- The latter will play in the next match, but we don't know about Andrej Meszaros yet.
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- We were lacking emotions in the first period, but we stepped up our game in the second frame. The players did a good job.
- How tough was it for the players to get ready for this game?
- They found it difficult in the first period.
- When Nikita Gusev scored on the powerplay, you pointed at Harijs Vitolins. Was it his decision to put Nikita in Jarno Koskiranta's position?
- I made a decision to put Nikita Gusev’s line on the powerplay.
- Will he stay on that powerplay line?
- I don't know.