HC Spartak Moscow coach Igor Ulanov:
- I want to thank the guys for their effort. As we said before the series began, each game lasts 60 minutes. In the second period, we only had two shots, and Julius Hudacek saved us. We took advantage of practically all of the opportunities which came our way, except the one where Martins Karsums didn't score shorthanded. The series continues and it was an interesting match today.
- What as the target for the first period?
- We knew that SKA would start with aggression and crash the net. As I have already said, Julius saved us, especially in the first period when SKA could have opened the scoring. We held on and then the game evened itself out.
- Couldn't Spartak start the match like they finished it?
- SKA started in an aggressive manner and we didn't have the chance to dictate the match. In the second period, we struggled and penalties did not help us, and SKA scored a second before we would have returned to full strength. Nevertheless, the game lasts 60 minutes, and the guys didn't give up.
HC SKA head coach Ilya Vorobyov:
- You need to win four matches to win a series. We will prepare for the next match.
- Anton Belov noted that SKA players didn't support each other in the third period.
- There were problems in the third frame, but this is our business.
- Will we see a different SKA in the next match?
- We played in a different manner during the first two periods. The third match? Wait and see.