HC Spartak Moscow head coach Vadim Epanchintsev:
- I congratulate the opponents with their victory. The opponents are of a higher quality and that's why we conceded two sloppy goals. For our part, we had plenty of opportunities, but this season we are encountering problems with taking advantage of our chances. In the third period, we tried really hard and did everything to equalise. This is a positive aspect moving forward. Unfortunately, our more experienced players didn't perform at the best of their abilities. On the other hand, the younger players are playing excellently in the fourth line and scored another goal today. We move on.
- Some of your players represented SKA in the past. Did they have extra motivation?
- They should have motivation for every match. SKA are the leaders and it's easy to be pumped up to play them.
HC SKA head coach Ilya Vorobyov:
- It was a good game. Thank you to the supporters for coming to the stadium, it was nice to finish the home series with a victory. We have things to improve and we will work on them.
- Why did Nail Yakupov sit on the bench in the closing stages?
- We were one goal up and had a game plan to stick to. Nail is an attacking player.
- Apart from goals, what are SKA lacking on the powerplay?
- Accurate shots.
- In terms of percentage, how ready are the players?
- When it will be 100%, I will tell you.
- Why didn't Ilya Kablukov's line participate against Spartak Moscow?
- There are a few factors. All of the guys should play. The Viktor Tikhonov-Ilya Kablukov-Evgeny Ketov line performed excellently, but this was the fourth match in eight days and they were a bit tired. Jarno Koskiranta, Alexander Dergachyov and Sergei Plotnikov did their jobs well.
- Will this squad rotation cause tension within the team?
- We have a plan concerning squad rotation and we speak with the guys about this.
- Why was Alexei Kruchinin moved to the middle?
- He is a centre forward, but in Chelyabinsk, Alexei was on the flanks in the 2017/2018 season. We wanted to see how he plays in the middle.
- Is Yegor Rykov so bad he hasn't played a single KHL match this season?
- He's not bad. That is the situation right now.