HC CSKA Moscow Dmitry Kvartalnov:
- We're satisfied with the victory. It's always hard to play in Saint Petersburg. Our movement was good, however with it being the first game there were mistakes. Saint Petersburg are good on the powerplay, and scored two special teams goals against us. It's hard to play against SKA in this component, but we showed patience. The guys did a good job.
- Did you have to motivate your players for this game?
- No, it's always interesting to play against a strong opponent. You always have something to prove when playing against a powerful team.
- Denis Denisov didn't pick up the trophy.
- It was his own decision. He probably didn't want to.
- Alexander Radulov took a penalty with five minutes remaining. If Ilya Kovalchuk would have scored, what would you have said to your forward?
- If's and but's...however yes, we will speak with Alexander. It's not right that he took two penalties in a row - he's our leader. The other guys did well though and held on.
HC SKA head coach Andrei Nazarov:
- I want to congratulate my colleague with their win. We tried, however our mistake in overtime led to us losing. I didn't like our movement in the first period, however both teams got the better in the second. In the third frame the game depended on a goal, and we conceded it in overtime.
- Did you have to motivate your team before the match?
- We prepared for the game, and I won't hide that we wanted to win. We lost however.
- You have never been so close to a title in your career before.
- This was one game. Asides from a title, this was a match for three points. I liked our game in some points, in others no.
- Can we say that this was just a preparation match for future fixtures?
- Every game is important, but this was the first match. We make too many mistakes in defence, and take unneeded penalties. We will now get ready for the next game.
- Why didn't Jarno Koskiranta take part?
- He's injured. I don't know when he will come back.