HC SKA head coach Ilya Vorobyov:
- From our point of view, it was a good start. Yes, we couldn't take advantage of the five minute powerplay, but I am pleased that Magnus tallied a shutout and we played a team game. I'm also happy with Mikhail Maltsev scoring his first KHL goal.
- How are Nikolai Prokhorkin, Alexander Dergachyov and Ilya Kablukov?
- The doctors are working with them. Alexander should have played today. We know when the others are supposed to return.
- There seems to be a hunt ongoing to injure SKA players.
- I don't know about that, I'm not a hunter. A lot of our guys are receiving injuries in simple situations.
HC Spartak Moscow head coach Igor Ulanov:
- We started poorly and were stuck inside our own zone. Later, the game evened itself out, however penalties let us down. Some of the guys did well killing the first penalty, but when we were shorthanded again, we couldn't hold on. Nevertheless, I am grateful to the team for working hard and trying. We played against an elite team.