HC SKA head coach Alexei Kudashov:
- I am pleased with how we played during the first two periods, we competed with aggression and speed, while missing a number of opportunities at the same time. However, in the third period, Spartak increased the intensity and our goalkeeper saved us. I’m satisfied with the victory and our commitment.
- SKA have been playing aggressively without the puck since Valery Bragin arrived.
- We had already started playing that way before he came here.
- Your players aren’t scoring on the powerplay. How much does this worry you?
- Overall, our powerplay is fine, but we’re not scoring. Nevertheless, we are creating opportunities, and we have three different lines for the man advantage.
- Why isn’t Sergei Plotnikov in the line-up at the moment?
- We are happy with the players on the ice.
HC Spartak Moscow head coach Oleg Znarok:
- We needed to play like we did in the third period. I don’t know why this wasn’t the case during the first two frames.
- Was there a penalty against Artyom Fyodorov?
- What can I do about that? It’s difficult when the opponents don’t take penalties.
- How pleased are you with the overall Spartak performance today?
- The third period was good, but we struggled in the opening two frames. SKA were faster than us in the first 40 minutes, they’re a really quick team.
- Spartak haven’t yet qualified for the KHL Gagarin Cup playoffs. Are you feeling the pressure?
- I don’t know if the players are watching the standings.
- Are you disappointed that you didn’t qualify for the playoffs before the international break?