HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- We're happy that we started the new year with a victory. We knew that Traktor had already played one game in 2018, I think that we found it difficult getting into the match. We move on.
- How do the players feel after a rest?
- The guys rested up. For the first time this season, we had four days off. The movement was good, but we aren't 100% ready.
HC Traktor Chelyabinsk head coach Anvar Gatiyatulin:
- We were playing against the league's leader in terms of performances, and the standings. We knew that SKA are strong in attack. In the first period, we were worse than the opponents on our crease. Errors were made in defence. Thanks to the fans for their support, they roared the players on. At the moment, the opposing team are stronger.
- Why did Vasily Demchenko start? Would things have been different with Pavel Francouz?
- I don't think that Vasily can be blamed for the conceded goals. There was no movement in our zone, we simply stood and watched how SKA played.
- You seemed to lose the first period psychologically.
- Yes, we were ready for the game, but I didn't find the right words to make the players compete in a confident manner. We tried in attack, but we were poor in defence.
- After losing the first period 0:4, was it hard to find the words in the dressing room?
- We asked the guys to calm down. Some aspects of the match went well, but we were terrible in defence.