HC Vityaz Podolsk head coach Valery Belov:
- I congratulate SKA with their victory. I think that we performed well. The guys played with a huge desire, they were organised, the movement was good and we did well on the penalty kill. However, Alexei Semyonov let the team down. In all situations, you have to keep your emotions in check. Yegor Voronkov got injured, so we were left with only five defensemen. A forward had to join the defence. Probably, that factor had its say, along with SKA's quality. We did everything that we could, which leaves me not feeling upset. We are preparing for the next match.
HC SKA head coach Oleg Znarok:
- We have played two tough games. A lot of emotions were lost during the match against CSKA. Today, we didn't have the best first period. Our discipline let us down, and we couldn't score on the powerplay.
- Rate Andrei Altybarmakyan's and Mikhail Maltsev's performance together.
- They played well together, our young players were the leaders in this battle.
- Vladislav Gavrikov scored his first SKA goal. Why couldn't he score before this match?
- Ask him. Why are you asking me?
- Why didn't Pavel Datsyuk play?
- We gave him a rest.